For all the preparation and planning we do, so much of what happens to us is beyond our control. Having children made me realise this truth more than ever. In the process of getting pregnant, having healthy babies, and now trying to raise them to be good and ultimately independent citizens I’ve found resources within me I didn’t know existed back in the carefree days of my twenties. We can try our best to mitigate the negatives, and so we should, but we should also learn to roll with the changes that come and pass that resilience on to our children.
Life takes us through many valleys, but without these valleys we would have a boring view from the mountains. Writing through my experiences helps me to find beauty in the challenges we face.
- H – is my amazing and very supportive husband.
- Curly – My eldest daughter, everyone used to comment on her curly hair so it seemed a fitting nickname – until it straightened out!
- Immy – My youngest daughter’s nickname
- LittleM – Twin One, our little girl
- LittleJ – Twin Two, our little boy gifted with an extra chromosome